Chipping Village Hall
Chipping Village Hall is situated in the small village of Chipping, near Preston, Lancashire. The village hall offers a venue for the community, whilst also allowing private and business events in their various function rooms. Chipping Village Hall called 4D after the original floor had become damaged due to flooding from the nearby fields, and therefore the floor needed replacing.
Through careful consultation with the village hall committee it was decided that the floor would be replaced with a new Jatoba floor. This type of flooring would offer the best balance of aesthetic appeal and stay in line with the current aesthetics of the hall, but also in practicality, as the floor is used for a variety of events requiring different amounts of traffic such as badminton sessions, playgroups and wedding receptions.
The old flooring was uplifted and removed from the site. We then installed the new Jatoba wood strip flooring which had been specifically machined for the project. After the installation of the wood strip flooring it was then sanded and finished with Junckers HP Commercial Friction + Lacquer to give a long lasting finish.
The complete the work, Chipping Village Hall also requested the painting of badminton court. The badminton court line markings were painted in a specially made colour so that it provided the functionality required for badminton sessions, but would not stand out and intrude in the aesthetics of the hall too much when the floor was used for another purpose or function.
In this section…
- Case Studies
- Aqua Sana, Woburn Forest
- Forest Pines Hotel, Lincolnshire
- Holy Trinity Church, Wallington
- Everyman Cinema, Trinity Leeds
- Wotton House Hotel, Surrey
- West Deeping Village Hall
- Treetops, Highgate
- 4-5 Marylebone High Street, London, W1
- Parade Ring Restaurant, Royal Ascot
- Tettenhall Wood School, Wolverhampton
- Nightingale Academy
- Private Dwelling, Cumbria
- Wrest Park Dance Studio, Bedfordshire
- St Hilda's School, Oldham
- St John's School, Southampton
- Tutton's Restaurant, Covent Garden
- Links of London, Waterloo Station
- Chipping Village Hall